Police in Kanungu district are investigating circumstances under which a two-year-old boy died in a fire that gutted a shop in Kihiihi Town council The Kigezi Police Spokesperson ASP Elly Maate identified the deceased as Asingura Lordwin 2, a resident of Rutwe cell Kihiihi town ward Kihihi Town council Kanungu district Maate explains that on Friday at around 10:00AM, the mother of the deceased identified as Vanis Akankiza left her shop located in Rutwe cell Kihihi town ward and took her other child to hospital leaving the deceased asleep . She also left a burning charcoal stove on the premises. Maate says fire broke out and spread through the retail shop, razing it . Neighbors braved the flames, pulled out the badly burnt boy, and rushed him to Kigezi hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Police were notified, visited, the scene and together with community put out the fire. Some properties were saved from the blaze  Postmortem was  done, pending inquiries. Statements were registered at the KIHIHI Police station under file number CRB 146/2022.


Be the first to know when we have the latest news for you from our website.

Read the latest news we have for you from around the region and the world.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected, if you need it, please seek permission from Boona FM Management!!
%d bloggers like this: